We’re approaching summer again, which means most RealCare Baby® infant simulators are being put away for a well-deserved rest. Before storing your Babies for the summer, follow these 5 simple steps. Doing so will help ensure that your Babies are ready for summer break – and that you can enjoy a smooth start to your RealCare Program this fall.
1. Give your Babies one final full charge.
- Baby should be charged overnight, then unplugged – don’t leave Baby plugged in all summer. Ideally, your Babies should be charged for a few hours every 3 months. Haven’t used Baby since January or February? Now is the time to charge them overnight.
- FYI: The batteries will gradually drain out on their own. Do not be surprised if the Babies start to make a popping sound while in storage. This is an indicator that the batteries are giving off their final amount of charge. Don’t worry; this is normal and the popping sound can last for a few days.
- You can follow along with the “RCB Battery Maintenance” instructions here.
2. Wash the clothing and clean the Baby.
- For Baby: Disinfectant wipes, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and acne cream with sunlight are all great ways to get ink and other common stains off of Baby’s vinyl
- For Baby’s clothing and supplies: Baby’s diapers and clothing can be machine washed in cold, gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low. We recommend line drying to prevent wear and tear.
- Get more great cleaning tips here.
3. Place your Babies in plastic bags to protect the vinyl.
- Be sure the bag does not have any print that can bleed onto the vinyl.
4. Store your Babies in a cool, dry place.
- Baby should be stored indoors, in the plastic bag, for optimum conditions. If this isn’t possible, every attempt should be made to keep Baby dry and clean.
- If Baby is stored in a very cold or hot environment, allow 24 hours for Baby to adjust to a moderate temperature before use.
- Dramatic changes in temperature can cause water condensation inside Baby. Allow time for the condensation to evaporate before use.
5. BONUS TIP: Jump-start your fall lesson planning by downloading our free career exploration curriculum today!
We know how important it is to provide career exploration opportunities to students. That’s why we created the Using the RealCare Program for Career Exploration, which contains 6 lessons that use our RealCare products (Drug-Affected Baby, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Baby, Pregnancy Profile, RealCare Baby and more) as springboards to career exploration lessons.
(Don’t have all the products? No problem! They’re not required to use the curriculum).
Click here to learn more and download the curriculum yourself.
Learn more by watching our on-demand webinar: How to Prepare RealCare Baby for Summer Break:
Additional Product Support resources like video tutorials, documentation, webinars and FAQs can be found in our online Product Support Center. If you need further support, contact our Product Support Team by calling 800.830-1416, option 2, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.